Please also note that the HSBC Bank PLC provides financial products and services through its affiliated companies and branches located across the world. Privacy and personal data protection principles vary from one country to another. When you access or link to a Local Site, please read the privacy statement issued by the Local Site to determine the policies that apply to information or data maintained by the Local Site.
HSBC Bank PLC’s business has been built on trust between us and our customers. To preserve the confidentiality of all information you provide to us:
- HSBC Bank PLC will only collect information that it believes to be relevant and required to understand the customer’s financial needs and to conduct HSBC’s business.
- HSBC Bank PLC will use customer information to provide customers with better customer services and products.
- HSBC Bank PLC may pass customer information to other HSBC Group companies or agents, as permitted by law.
- HSBC Bank PLC will not disclose customer information to any external organisation unless HSBC Bank PLC have customer consent or are required by law or have previously informed the customer.
- HSBC Bank PLC may be required, from time to time, to disclose customer information to Governmental or judicial bodies or agencies or HSBC’s regulators but HSBC will only do so under proper authority.
- HSBC Bank PLC aim to keep customer information up-to-date.
- HSBC Bank PLC maintain strict security systems designed to prevent unauthorised access to customer information by anyone, including HSBC Bank PLC staff.
- All HSBC group companies, or HSBC staff and all third parties with permitted access to customer information are specifically required to observe HSBC’s confidentiality obligations.
By maintaining our commitment to these principles, we will ensure that we respect the inherent trust that you place in HSBC.
If you register your personal details for the email alerts service, we will ask you to provide us with certain up to date data about yourself, which we will handle in accordance with the United Kingdom’s Data Protection legislation but please note that it may be hosted or transferred outside of this jurisdiction. We maintain strict security standards and procedures with a view to preventing unauthorised access to your data by anyone, including our staff. We use leading technologies such as (but not limited to) data encryption, firewalls and server authentication to protect the security of your data. All Group companies, all our staff and whenever we hire third parties to provide support services, we will require them to observe our privacy standards and to allow us to audit them for compliance.
Web beacons and spotlight tags
This website may contain electronic images, known as web beacons or spotlight tags. These enable us to count users who have visited certain pages on the website. Web beacons and spotlight tags are simply tools used to obtain generic information about the web pages visited. They are not used to obtain information about specific users.